Friday, March 14, 2008

Dear V

Hey,
Got home at 9.30pm after a long long day at work. It is long because I have to wait for this complicated process to get done and I need to check on it every hour or so... it should be a productive day because I could do other things while I wait. But life is not as simple as a plan (very deep thought, for crying out loud). Because I had to be at work at 4am to be ready for the process to start at 9am, I get so brain dead the whole day that I just wonder around, working and reading but not being as productive as I should, since I have to be around anyways.
Anyhow as late as it is, my stubborn self lead me to put some brown rice on the stove, knowing perfectly well it is going to take 1 hour to cook...I put the doggie bag containers in the dish washer, check my e-mail, finally kick the shoes off and I open a bottle of red wine. I have some leftover brie that someone brought to the shoebox - it tastes mildly of ammonia, still ok - and those nice trader joe's crakers. I sit on the couch and melt down as the alcohol reaches every corner of my tired body. Second glass of wine and I am thinking I should have made plans for the night - screw being tired - I would kill for a nice piece of sea bass on mushroom sauce. I would kill for a nice conversation that doesn't involve the ins and outs of capricious cells, stock price, budgets and personal time off I will have to take for that infamous trip to Italy. Instead I am eating my sprouted brown rice (keyword sprouted as it is more nutritious) and mabo tofu with turkey (leaner, hence healthier). Tomorrow I'll eat a whole gigantic crab all by myself. Cholesterol and all. Screw healthy. I'll go to the gym afterwards.
I am hysterically self centered today. Don't pay too much attention. I'll eat and go to bed.
Beijos e abracos

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home